The SRJC MESA Community College Program
Established in 1999, The SRJC MESA Community College Program, is a dynamic academic support program for transfer students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field. The program creates an academic-based community for STEM students and provides academic support services and pre-professional work experience. The fundamental mission of the MESA Community College Program is to increase the number of students that prepare for and enter into professions requiring a STEM degree.
The MESA Community College program strives to assure a streamlined system of services. Some of the services MESA provides include:
- Community building through a MESA Student Study Center
- Academic support via drop-in tutoring services, peer mentoring, and Academic Excellence Workshops
- Assistance in transferring from Santa Rosa Junior College to a four-year college or university
- Counseling and academic course planning
- Career preview and professional development opportunities, guest speaker presentations, internships and fellowships
The Santa Rosa Junior College MESA Program is a collaborative effort supported by the MESA Statewide Office at the University of California Office of the President, the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, the Sonoma County Junior College District, and local industry sponsors.