Each year the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office establishes eligibility rules for admitting new students to MESA. Students continue in the program until they transfer.
To be eligible to enroll, a student must meet all Part I standards and at least 2 of the Part II conditions.
Part I: All of the following. . . .
- I don’t have a Bachelor’s degree
- I am not attending SRJC as an international or foreign student
- I will be attending SRJC with a calculus-based STEM transfer major
- I will be taking classes at SRJC for at least 3 semesters
Part II: At least 2 of the following . . . .
- I am approved to receive a BOG Fee Waiver or Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) support
- Neither of my parents have a bachelor’s degree
- I identify as Latino, Black, Native American, Pacific Islander or Foster Youth
Note: If you are not sure about your eligibility, complete an enrollment application and visit the MESA Center where staff will review your application.
Every student's situation is different and MESA staff is here to assist you with the application process.