Each year the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office establishes eligibility rules for admitting new students to MESA.
To be eligible to enroll in the Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program, a student must meet all Part I standards and at least 2 of the Part II conditions.
Part I: All of the following. . . .
- I don’t have a Bachelor’s degree;
- I am not attending SRJC as an international or foreign student;
- I will be attending SRJC with a calculus-based STEM transfer major;
- I will be taking classes at SRJC for at least 3 semesters… the spring 2018, fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters.
Part II: At least 2 of the following . . . .
- I am approved to receive financial aid through my approved FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Neither of my parents have a bachelor’s degree
- I identify as Latino, Black, Native American, Pacific Islander or Foster Youth
Note: If you are not sure about your eligibility, complete an enrollment application and visit the MESA Center where staff will review your application.
Every student's situation is different and MESA staff is here to assist you with the application process.